Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ghosts, Goblins and Birthdays... oh my!



We have a busy October and November ahead of us. Besides squeezing in OSU Games, Boo at the Zoo, and photoshoots, we have two big events arising: Our Annual Halloween Party and Zachary's First Birthday Party!

These are weekends back to back. God knows I am going to be running around with my head cut off... but it will be a blast.

I decided last year that Zach's birthday theme would be Dr. Seuss. I like it cause it's different and there is so many fun ideas I have in store. I made the invitations (above) and splurged on a Dr. Seuss personalized birthday banner for 1stwishes.com. Along with a few other items such as center peices and gift bags for everyone. The gift bags consist on Dr. Seuss pencil, notepad, candy, keychain and bookmark. So dang cute! I decided to get cheap red and blue plates and napkins, since they will be thrown away anways.

I usually do a themed halloween party, but this year I just didn't have the funds to go all out. So we are just doing a basic halloween party with the normal scary decorations. I decided I would be a witch. I ordered an adorable short black dress with bell sleeves witch costume from buycostumes.com. Buy costumes is my go-to place for all Halloween decor & costumes. The dress came with a witches hat and I order this black rhinestone spider necklace to wear with it. Isn't it adorable? Then I think I will wear colored tights (orange or green I am thinking) and my heels. Too cute! And the entire costume with the necklace and tights will only cost me $26!

FYI- Target has fun colored tights in the women's sock section for $5.00!

So I am thinking from now until after the new year, I am going to be swamped. Let the good times roll!

No comments: