Wednesday, September 8, 2010

FALL in love with your front porch...


I love porches. I love big beautiful porches.

When we bought our house, we were more concerned about what was on the inside. We love the look of our house from the outside. I just wish we had a bigger front porch, and a cover over our porch. We have no overhead protection.

So when I see these displays from Pottery Barn, I get all giddy with excitement, but then realize that I can't do that because everything would get soaked and ruined if it rained! So I sink in disappointment.

So what do I do? Well, I could use real pumpkins, but I prefer fake so I can use them again. I love the leaf garland that is around the door in the one picture, but that would get ruined when it rains. Ugh. I'm going to have to think about this one... Suggestions are welcome!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

My mother in law added a cover over her porch. It wasn't a huge expense, but it really made a big difference! I'm not sure what your house would look like with that type of add on, but you never know. (Is that going over board for decorating? lol.)