Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's a very sad day


Oh, the sadness that has came over my heart. Today, I found out that my dear, dear iMac computer is dying. YES! It is so sad.


I got it when I was a Junior in college, and I have loved it more everyday. Recently it has been shutting down applications out of the blue and freezing, just unexpectantly. I have taken it into the Apple store 4 times now, and today they said that it is just getting too old to handle all my work. :( There is really nothing that can be done.


This is bad for two reasons, one: we really don't want to buy another $2000.00 computer at this time because we are trying to pay off some bills. Two: MY LIFE is on that computer, pictures, videos, resume and important files, portfolio.... ehhhh! It makes me want to cry.


It still works, but will not keep a screen up for very long. Everything shuts down. It will work for a little while, but I know, within the next couple months, I will have to break down and buy a new one. This is GOOD for two reasons, one: I can now get a laptop, which means I will be on my computer more than ever! Two: I will have more opportunites to do things like photo contests that require a computer to burn the images and graphic design work that I can take with me everywhere! But it does put a crunch in the budget, I mean a 2000.00 computer is not cheap for anyone. But I need it to do my design work and I need it to get through life...LOL sad to say, but it is true. I just bought the CS3 programs, and I can't let that go to waste! For gosh sakes! That wasn't cheap either!!!!!!


So that is what is going on today. There is a bad feeling I have about this. I knew eventually the day would come when this would happen, but I didn't think it would be this soon.



No comments: