Friday, September 26, 2008

God is good!

New favorite song: "Bring the Rain" by Mercy Me.

I just had to get that in before I started my post. I love that song. It just makes me feel so good and to remember God is with me.

I have had a WONDERFUL two days off from work. I didn't get to go to Myrtle Beach this year with my parents, as planned, so I decided to just take 2 days off and get stuff done around the house at my own leaserly pace. It has been good to me. Yesterday I cleaned and organized the house, went grocery shopping, and waited for Ryans parents to come and help us clean up the tree that fell over the other week from the wind storm. I did get to take a 2 hour nap int he afternoon, it was good to me.

Val and Paul came around 6:30 and with Joe's help, we got it cut up and put into a huge pile for my dad, who will take it to their house and burn. We enjoyed pizza and pop, along with good conversation the rest of the evening.

This morning I have done so much already. A trip to JoAnn Fabrics was pleasing, as I spent about 20 minutes with these two older women, who graciously helped me find the correct needle for my sewing machine. I then caught up on my photo books, putting piles and piles of photos in them. I then did offically get the Halloween invitations out. I have already got responses on it. :) Being a graphic designer, it is always wonderful to get positive feedback on them. I still have alot to get done today, but I have got a good start.

I must go wake up my napping husband now, but I just wanted to sing God's praise for giving me these two days off. They have been great!

Until next time- be kind, be love, be creative!

Erin

No comments: