

On Sunday, Ryan and I drove up to Malabar Farms in Lucas County for the annual Heritage Festival. My parents used to take me to this every year, I loved it. It is outside, on large acres of land, the fall smell in the air is unforgettable.
There are tons of people dressed up in old attire, and along with tables and tables of handmade goods you can buy, there are activities for young children such as pottery making, apple peeling (useing old antique tools), and pumpkin painting. They had hayrides which took you from one end of the property to the other (very cute horses!) My favorite is the apple butter making, which they do in an old kettle pot over a fire. We bought a jar full! YUM! They also had soldiers that set up a camp and you could see what they used to survive way back when.
We had alot of fun. We loved going through the old white house which stands on the property (pictured). Owner was Louis Bromfield. The house is exactly like it was way back in the early 1900's (and probably haunted at that!) It is beautiful.
We can't wait to bring our children here someday. I think it is a tradition we have now started.
If you have never been there, please check it out on their website http://www.malabarfarm.org/index.cfm.
I highly recommend visiting there! They have events all year long.
No comments:
Post a Comment