Who's Noah? Noah is my 2 year old nephew. The biggest sweetheart and cute as a button, but 100% boy. (Meaning he is rough and tough).
We watched Noah from Thursday through Sunday. Heather and Jon got a free trip to Napa Valley in California, but were unable to take Noah. So being the awesome Aunt that I am, I took on the role of "mommy" for the 4 days.
I knew what I was in for, I knew I would be tired. This is something completely new, for I am not a mom yet, but I have had doses of it from babysitting him (only for a couple of hours at a time).
Thursday was an early morning. I was so nervous that I would do something wrong and he would cry, have a fit, and wouldn't be cooperative at all. We were on a time schedule to get him dressed, with a chocolate milk and to the babysitters for the day. We did make it on time, but I was extremely stressed.
We made it through Friday, YES! It was was the weekend! It was easy to get him to wind-down in the evenings, but hard to get him to sleep all night. So Friday night we were up at 4am and he never went back to sleep. He also didn't take a nap all day..... so by Saturday night, he was growchy and exhausted. He wouldn't eat anything either, so I just didn't force it, to stay away from tantrums.
He didn't ask for mom and dad once! Not once! Which tells me Ryan and I were doing a good job of keeping him occupied and happy. That was my goal, I didn't want him to think they weren't coming back, or make him feel homesick. So for 4 days we watched Scooby Doo and Cars and Alladin- over and over and over.... needless to say, they are getting some new DVDs for Christmas :)
Sunday came and my parents were in town from returning from Myrtle Beach. What a relief! To have someone else entertain him was wonderful. I was exhausted but still trucking. We made it to around 8:00pm on Sunday night and Heather and Jon were going to be at our house to pick him up at 9:15ish. About 20 minutes before they came, for the first time that weekend I mentioned mom and dad to him. I said they were coming to pick him up and take him home. And with his little voice his said "ok." is a sort of dissappointed way. :) Bless his little heart.
So we made it through the week and weekend. It was a rough ride, but so many joys and blessings in that little man. I'm just glad they don't come out 2 year olds. LOL There is hope for me as a mommy in the future! So much energy!
No comments:
Post a Comment