Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Miracle, An Answered Prayer from God...


Hi everyone!

I just have to say that God Is Good! A miracle has happened in our family.

Last week, my dad had a colonoscopy done and they found 2 pullops. One was a yellowish color (which isn't good), the other was very very large. The doctor removed them as deep as they could and told us that he was pretty sure it was cancer, it was so big, there was pretty much no way it wasn't. He said there were black stems coming out from it and it was a bad color. This news devastated all of us, all of the people closest to our family.

How could this happen? My dad is the most gentle, kindest person I have ever met. He has never done anything to deserve this! He never had any pain or problems before, ever.

The doctors said they would have a biopsy done to see how bad it was, and Tuesday (today) they would come back to get the results.

It shook my sister's and I up pretty bad. For the past week, I have have cried and prayed and cried and prayed. 

I told God I trust Him. I trust Him. I trust Him. I don't understand why, but God has a plan and if this is part of him plan, then it must be for HIS glory. I asked him to please don't take my dad from me, not yet. I asked God to please be with me during this time. I told Him I knew He was by my side. I said I will not forsake Him. That He is my strong tower. That HE can do immeasurably more than we could ever ask for! 

I asked God that the surgery dad would have done, to be not bad. That if he had to have chemo, that it wouldn't be for long.

As last week went on, I felt a little more relaxed. I knew God was in control and what done is done, and we must move forward.

Today I woke up knowing this would be the day for the results of how bad the cancer was. I wore my tiny gold cross necklace that mom and dad gave me for my First Communion. Their appointment was at 11am. At 11am, I felt I had to put on Praise and Worship music. I began to daydream, not focusing on my work. At 12 noon, still no word. I began to just pray.

At 12:15pm today, my sister called. She said she just spoke with mom and dad:

NOTHING WAS CANCEROUS.

I said "WHAT?" She said "Nope, it was not cancer. It's nothing! It is all benigne!"

I broke into tears! I said "It is a miracle!"

The doctors told dad that they could not believe it was not cancerous. It wasn't anything! There were three doctors, they had dates ready for dad's surgery and everything. The main doctor said that it was a miracle. He said he has never removed something of that size first of all, and for it to not of been cancerous, was a miracle.

I tell you! I will shout it out loud "GOD IS GOOD!" "PRAISE HIM!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Praise God! He is so good! We are so happy!!!!!!! Oh happy day! We love you all!!!
Love,
Rachel, Ricardo, Grace, and Luke