Thursday, January 29, 2009

Home projects continue...


I think I have a small problem. Every time we do a home project, Ryan and I are always like "Okay, that will be enough for a while." Then... I get antsy. Then... I come up with new projects.

It's not all a bad thing... it's just I can't tell Ryan until AFTER I have made the purchase, or he tells me no. But ya know, guys don't care what the heck they live in. He doesn't care if the walls are painted, if the border is out of date, if the SINKS are from the 80's! Hey, if I budget for it, what does it matter, right?!?

Well, all you women out there know... the work is NEVER done. So, what's next you ask?

We are attempting, with the help of our dear friends Jill and Steve, to rip up the computer room carpet, which is ugly and stained, and install laminate. We love our laminate in our family room/kitchen, so we are going to continue to put some in the bedrooms, one by one. We are going with a mahogany color. The room isn't very big, about 12x14, so it shouldn't cost too much. 

Another project will be getting our guest bathroom tiled. My dad, bless his heart, is planning on doing that this spring, once it gets warmer. Going along with that will be a new granite vanity top (see picture above) for the same bathroom. We have the old shell ones from the 80's, and if we are doing the floor (which will be technically free since we are using left over tiles from our master bathroom), why not updated the vanity. Its fairly easy, my dad knows how to hook everything up.

Also, my dad wants to hook up a sink in our basement. Since I do alot of art projects, he said this would be nice to rinse the brushes out in... Hey, who am I to complain!

Besides the above, possibly removing the plaid wallpaper from our cabin room (bedroom #3) would be another project. But we will have to see on that.

This past year, we did A TON of upgrades:
  • installed a gas fireplace
  • new roof installed
  • new garage doors installed
  • mulched
  • new laminate floor in family room and kitchen
  • new breakfast table and sideboard
  • new sofa and ottoman
  • new curtains for family room
  • new garage lights on the outside of the house
  • had a storm door installed and painted the front door
  • tiled the master bathroom
  • painted guest bathroom upstairs
  • removed border in the kitchen and repainted
Whew... I think that is it! I am sure I am missing something.

The list for 2009:
  • laminate in computer room
  • guest bathroom floor tiled
  • new vanity and faucets in upstairs guest bath
  • new vanity and  faucet in downstairs guest bath
  • laminate in bedroom #3
  • remove plaid wall paper
  • new gazebo cover
  • new kitchen sink

The list never ends. I am sure there is more, but those are the most important right now.

No comments: