Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Bash 2008

It is here! The 2nd Annual Nusbaum Halloween Bash 2008! I am soooo excited!
This year's theme is "Friday the 13th: Camp Crystal Lake Campout". Friday the 13th is my favorite scary movie of all time, and since there is a re-make in the making (due to be out in theaters' on February 13, 2009) I figured why not do that theme for this year's party. I have decorated the garage as a woods with a fake firepit and the walls covered in a woods scene setter roll. I am hoping this will knock the socks off of last years' party. I am not really sure how many people will be camping out since it is freezing at night now in Ohio, but on Friday it supposed to be high of 60 degrees, so we will see. I will post photos of the party sometime next week.
As for our costumes?! Well, you know we can't disappointed being the hosts and all... Ryan and I have tried to agree on a couples costume, but we just can't. So from now on we are just going to be what we want to be.
My costume... Well, let's just say its a little "sexy" this year. I wanted to be something cute, and when I saw this, it was so me. I LOVE the hat I think the most. I am the "Sexy Dark Queen of Hearts" (picture below). It is kind of blurry, but you can see the small top hat and adorable stockings. I love it, and it is made very well.

Ryan's costume... HAHA! "Deputy Dangle" from Reno 911 (picture below). And let me tell you, it fits him perfectly. He tried it on with he hair combed over and the mirror police sunglasses on.... It was a spot on resemblance! He will be a hit!

Good times ahead! We are expecting around at least 45 people. We went to a wedding on Saturday and the whole time while at the reception, the people we sat with (all Lifestyle people that were invited) just spoke about the party and how excited they were, which made me even more excited. The party consists of our closest friends and family, who we LOVE to hang with and have the best times with.
This is the event of the year for us (meaning Ryan and I) and it is a way to bring everyone together, since our lives are all so crazy busy. It just isn't a way to celebrate Halloween, but a fun way for us to just hang out and have fun. And everyone knows that we will have it every year, so people can look forward to it and expect a good time. :)

No comments: