
This weekend, with Ryan gone in Canada, I had alot of time to do whatever I wanted.... And if you know me, you know I love to ORGANIZE! Things must simply be in their place, or I get agitated!
The big project, that I wish I did last year, was to organize the basement. We have a crawl space where our Holiday decorations are stored. I cleaned that puppy out and is planning to make one side Halloween Decor, and the other Christmas.
Right now, the basement is a mess. But I have a good explanation for this- my up coming Halloween Bash! I have all my decorations laid out, so I can see them. Last year I just threw everything in cardboard boxes, no rhyme to reason. BUT THIS YEAR will be different. I went to Target and purchased 10 (yes, 10) orange and black storage containers, along with smaller clear containers for all my Halloween decor.
My plan is to put back the Halloween stuff in correctly labeled tubs. Right now I have a tubs for the following categories: kitchen, costumes, outdoor decor, autumn, candles/lighting, indoor decor, Halloween village..... I probably need about 4 more tubs to have everything packed in neatly. I plan on printing out the category names and laminating them, then taping then on the side of the containers.
It will be awesome next year, when I ask Ryan to help get everything out again. He will know what is in what tub, and I won't have to dig through cardboard boxes to find everything. Another reason for the plastic tubs- to protect my valuables. I mean seriously, we have A TON of Halloween decorations and some were not cheap! So I do feel much better knowing things are safe and sound.
I am super excited about this organizational project. It will be one less thing off my To-Do list. But I plan on doing it again with Christmas decorations and ornaments (although we have about half the Christmas stuff than Halloween stuff). So that should be easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment